Art Workshop with children globally
The Second “No-Boundaries” International Art Exhibition is set to be unveiled on August 5th, 2017. At the same time, five artists from different countries will also organize a two-day, large-scale cooperative project alongside the art students. Through working together, art students will fuse art and culture here in New York City, and complete an unprecedented landmark project. During this period, outstanding art students will also have the opportunity to network with students from renowned art colleges in the United States. The media will cover the entire course of the project. On the day of the opening ceremony at the United Nations, UN officials will summarize this international youth artists’ exchange event and present awards.
The “No-Boundaries” large-scale cooperation project sincerely invites you to:
Project Plan Overview
1. August 3rd, Central Park drawing and The metropolitan museum of modern art
Morning: The Metropolitan Museum of Art Tour - 2 hours
Located near Central Park in New York City, the Metropolitan Museum of Art is one of the largest art museums in the world. It covers an area of over 130,000 sq. m., with about 8 hectares of main buildings and more than 20 hectares of exhibition area. Its permanent collection contains over two million works, among which many invaluable cultural relics from China can be found. We will be divided into groups to search for relics and study the artwork by copying. We will be walking to the nearby Central Park later in the afternoon.
An experienced curator of the Met will give us a guided tour of the museum, following the theme “A Single Grain of Rice”, to show the students that many widely-recognized artists are also a voice for global issues, such as hunger and environment.
Afternoon: Central Park Landmark Art Project Creation
We are going to create an one-thousand-meter long chalk drawing at Central Park - the landmark art project which will be seen and photographed by the tens of thousands of visitors that Central Park receives every summer. We will use chalk to draw on the ground just like the old times when we were little. In a meandering path every participant will have a ten-meter-long part to create for themselves, and together we will present a giant painting as long as 600 meters that blends with the beautiful landscape of Central Park. Under the guidance of the artist Pullman, art students from all around the world will work together to create an unprecedented art project that is supported by the Central Park Management and covered by the press. Two themes are set: a) “A Single Grain of Rice”, and b) TBD.
How to register:
- No registration fee
- The Met ticket: $15-20
- Click link at the bottom of the article to register while seats remain
2. August 4th “No-Boundaries” City Impressions – New York: A “Long” Masterpiece by the East River of New York
“No-Boundaries” has launched the “No-Boundaries” City Impressions project, inviting youths around the world to work together using international metropolises as their source material. This project will last five years, and ultimately, all the scrolls created during this project will be exhibited. This time around, the project is set to take place by the East River of New York, where artists will have a panoramic view of Manhattan. The Empire State Building, Chrysler Building as well as the famous New York skyline at sunset will all be at each artist’s disposal. Under the guidance of Emily Houssart and other artists, young artists from different countries will work together to create a scroll almost 100 meters in length which represents the unobstructed view of New York. We will also prepare different pigments for the students. The completed piece will be exhibited at the United Nations and the William Paterson University Center for Chinese Art in New York. This project has been approved and is supported by New York State Park. The park will collect and exhibit all pieces that students create during this project.
How to register:
- Free workshop
- Click link at the bottom of the article to register
Assembling Time and place
- Time: 10:30 AM
- Location: Metropolitan Museum of Art (1000 5th Ave, New York, NY 10028)
- Time: 2:00 PM
- Location: Central Blvd & 51st, Long Island City
The most important event of the Second No-Boundaries International Art Exhibition. Below is the event summary. For detailed information, please click here.
Opening Ceremony for the Second “No-Boundaries” International Art Exhibition @ UN Headquarters
August 5th, 2017
10:30－11:00 Opening Ceremony
11:00-12:00 Themed Conference “A Single Grain of Rice”
- Art education experts and more will discuss how to use visual arts to reach more people
- The art teachers who planned the lesson for “A Single Grain of Rice” will demonstrate their classes
- Several students featured in the exhibition will share their artwork!
- Special opportunity for those featured in the exhibition: UN officials invite you, your friends and family to visit the UN and will introduce the UN’s history and development.
- Opening ceremony for the “No-Boundaries” International Art Exhibition @ UN Headquarters; special lectures by UN officials and an open discussion.
- UN officials will personally present certificates; the event will be featured in news reports both at home and abroad; a meeting of artists and celebrities from the Rockefeller family and Wall Street.
- Professors from some of the best art schools -- Pratt Institute and Parsons School of Design will be there to appreciate the works and communicate with the students.
How to Participate:
- Free entrance by invitation
- Teachers designing the “A Single Grain of Rice” course: Please send your lesson plan, pictures of your class, self-introduction, and a 2-minutes (or less) lecture presentation (video recommended) to email@example.com and WeChat at noboundaries2016 before June 25th! We will notify you within 5 business days of submission.
- Participants: If you are willing to make a speech, please send a 1-minute (or less) video to the “No-Boundaries” Committee for a preliminary review before July 1st. We will focus on the contents. We strongly recommend that you form small groups!
- Volunteers: The “No-Boundaries” Committee intends to be a platform that builds students up and provides as many opportunities for students to develop their skills in different areas as possible. For example, working as a reporter, photographer, videographer, organizer, and coordinator for the 3-day event. There will be professionals who will work with students in need of a platform and opportunity to perfect their skills. They will make sure everything goes perfectly while giving each participant the chance to grow.
The events mentioned above will be covered by the media.
“No-Boundaries” International Art Exhibitions
“No-Boundaries” means “art has no boundaries”, which originates from the concept that art cannot be restricted by boundaries between countries. The purpose of our exhibition is to build an international communication platform to create global awareness among youth. Without being restrained by nationality, form, or theme, art promotes and accelerates the cultural exchange of ideas and creativity between countries. Students express their observations and sentiments through their artwork, thereby promoting diverse viewpoints. “No-Boundaries” International Art Exhibition aims to break the boundary of art and link the world through integrating art and culture. Let the youth of the world take on the mission of creating: A Boundless World United by Art!
For inquiries in China: NoBoundariesart@126.com
International inquiries: Application@noboundariesartshow.org
Our website: www.noboundariesartshow.org
WeChat official account: ART-UN
Facebook: No-Boundaries International Art Exhibition